[ RadSafe ] Fw: Two "Physicists" Sentenced to 4.5 Years in Federal Prison

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Oct 17 19:51:55 CDT 2007

Oct. 17

         What this points up is the need for hospitals, clinics, and so
forth to scrutinize their vendors more carefully.  That means ALL of their
vendors.  This is pure speculation on my part, however my guess is that too
many people, agencies, business, etc., are depending too much on the
government regulators, instead of doing their own investigations and
background checks.  You would think -- wouldn't you? -- that when (for
instance) a hospital's reputation is on the line that it would do its own
checks, instead of farming them out to some regulator.  That is not meant
as a poke at the regulators either.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com