[ RadSafe ] Pu-239 movie

Alan Watts wattsa at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 23 13:53:26 CDT 2007

Coming November 17 at 8 PM on HBO:  Pu-239

About . . .
A Russian nuclear-plant worker facing certain death after being exposed to
a lethal dose of radiation, his wife and son's future is worth stealing
for--even if it's the most dangerous substance on earth. HBO Films presents
this gripping thriller that tells the story of Timofey (Paddy Considine)
who lives in 1995 post-Soviet Russia, and labors under substandard
conditions in a deteriorating power plant. Exposed to a deadly dose of
radiation and made a scapegoat for the disaster, Timofey steals a small
amount of Pu-239--weapons-grade plutonium--and heads for Moscow to attempt
to sell it on the black market with help from an inept wannabe gangster.
Oscar Isaac and Radha Mitchell co-star. Written for the screen and directed
by Scott Z. Burns; based on the short story by Ken Kalfus. ?Widescreen.
(TVMA) (AC,AL,V)

Alan

--On Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:58 AM -0700 ROY HERREN