[ RadSafe ] Cylinder Identity Question

Christina Dillard cdillard at labsafety.org
Thu Sep 13 11:54:05 CDT 2007

Dear Radsafe listers,

I received the below question from one of our members. Any assistance you
may be able to provide in identifying what she actually has would be very
much appreciated.

Thank you,

Christina Dillard

Assistant Director

The Laboratory Safety Institute (LSI)

www.labsafety.org

Christina,

As you are likely on more list-serves than I, I have a small request. We
were cleaning a storeroom and found this cylinder in its box. It is labeled
as a Counting Gas Tank, Model 423, from Nuclear Chicago. I did a search
using Google and found that any info on the company has to do with
Radioactivity. It would be helpful to know exactly what I am dealing with.
Is there any way you can send this out and see if it can be determined what
the contents are? I plan on scanning the cylinder with an Alpha Tester as
well.

Margaret