[ RadSafe ] Plutonium from Power Reactors

Ernesto Faillace ernesto.faillace at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:39:22 CDT 2008

Let's not forget that there will also be a LOT of pretty valuable titanium
in the proposed "drip shields", and recyclable and very "stainless" metal
alloys in the waste packages.  I am not sure how much the titanium would be
worth, but it will be already refined and relatively easy to re-process.
The waste packages themselves are easily worth over a million dollars each
(and perhaps even more in the future).

--
Ernesto Faillace
ernesto.faillace at gmail.com

Don Jordan wrote:

Maybe we should readjust our attitudes & choice of words & stop calling
Yucca Mt. a nuclear waste dump.  Instead call it a "precious energy legacy
for our heirs" & rename it the Strategic Energy Reserve.  The Pu will be
mined & reprocessed eventually, so why not now?