[ RadSafe ] School Becquerel kits

Dukelow, James S Jr jim.dukelow at pnl.gov
Wed Apr 23 11:15:30 CDT 2008

KOFF wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl on behalf of Geo>K0FF
Sent: Wed 4/23/2008 7:02 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl; radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl; Min Sook Kim
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] School Becquerel kits

   <snip>

Now days we are much "safer" and eco friendly.

As a result there is a tragic shortage of engineering students in the USA.

Can you say "H-1B Visa"?

George Dowell
New London Nucleonics Lab

   <snip>

I would argue that the "H-1B Visa" is the primary reason for the tragic shortage of engineering students in the US.

Enough incoming university students have seen the careers of their engineer parents, aunts, uncles, etc. stagnate or crash around age 45 to have no interest in an engineering career for themselves.  Four plus years of rigorous academics to prepare themselves for a twenty year career ...

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.