[ RadSafe ] RESRAD tritium

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 13 11:44:16 CDT 2008

At 08:08 AM 8/13/2008, Michael McNaughton wrote:
>I have a question about RESRAD and tritium. When we enter the
>tritium concentration in pCi/g, is this pCi per gram of water, or
>tritium per gram of soil, or what?
**********************************
August 13, 2008

The radionuclide concentration is given in terms of the mass of
conglomerate physical matter that contains the radionuclide whether
it be solid, liquid, or gas. This should always be clearly stated.
Using RESRAD you need to ascertain the context for each value.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140