Fwd: [ RadSafe ] appropriate care for soluble uranium exposure

James Salsman BenjB4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 01:27:20 CDT 2008

I wrote:

> The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reviews 1,400 reports each month
> of improper medical treatment leading to inappropriate care.
>
> Is anyone who is familiar with the 1953 work of Maynard et al., the
> 1999 work of Pellmar et al., and the 2004 work of Alexandria C. Miller
> [deletion] also willing to state publicly that they believe a response to
> uranyl contamination considering treatment for the kidneys but not for
> chromosomes and germ cells is appropriate care?

I did not mean to imply that Dr. Miller would so state; she has taken
a contrary position asserting that the proportion of radiological
hazard to chemical hazard is similar for mutagenicity and reproductive
toxicity.  I am asking if anyone wants to put their name where the HPS
has been anymore, and if so, why?

James Salsman