[ RadSafe ] FW: Minimal Threat X-ray

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 20:09:54 CDT 2008

In the State of California, the applicable rule is the one cited below -
i.e., if it is unlikely that an operator will exceed 500 millirem in one year
(10% of the occupational limit of 5 rem), then monitoring is not required;
however, one should be prepared to demonstrate the basis upon which one
determined that it is unlikely that the person will not be exposed to greater  than 500
millirem in one year (excluding background and medical  exposures).

Barbara L. Hamrick

In a message dated 8/21/2008 5:46:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,