AW: [ RadSafe ] "exposure" to radiation in other languages

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Mon Aug 25 12:38:50 CDT 2008

In Germany, any word related to "Bestrahlung" (the equivalent to irradiation) provokes in the public a reflex like mentioning "The Evil One" in the middle ages - maybe even worse. So you better try to replace it. In our German texts we do this by using the 'loanword' "Exposition" wherever possible.

Regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine