[ RadSafe ] Advection / Diffusion of Radon through Media

Kai Kaletsch eic at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 29 12:02:12 CDT 2008

Sorry Dan,

This was an appendix to a larger report and it looks like the references
didn't get in there. (I was no longer with that company when the final
report was published.)

Anyway, I think Tanner 1964 is

Tanner, A.B. 1964. Radon migration in the ground: A review, in Adams, J.A.S.
and Lowder, W.M., eds., The Natural Radiation Environment: Chicago, III.,
University of Chicago Press, pp. 161-190.

and Bigu 1994 is

J Bigu. Theoretical considerations regarding the migration of 222Rn and
220Rn from uranium- and thorium-bearing underground environments. Health
physics. 1994 Jul;67(1):60-9

The (non radioactive) diffusion equation and Bessel functions etc come out
of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (AKA 'Rubber Bible') or similar
generic reference.

Regards,
Kai

Kai Kaletsch