[ RadSafe ] " Canadian pet food company blames Australian cat deaths on irradiation " - Company Press Release

Jim Darrough darrougj at onid.orst.edu
Mon Dec 1 11:10:20 CST 2008

Whether the cat food was the cause of death, it sure seems like this company
is going the whole nine yards to figure it out. Although I doubt that the
use of radiation is causing the deaths, I have no idea myself how the food
was used. Some very particular people may be feeding smaller amounts of food
than their animals really need in some way attempting to make the cat
healthier (skinnier). If that is the case, then reduced Vitamin A may indeed
be the cause, since the cats were probably underfed in the first place.

But as I said, the company seems to be trying to do the right thing.

Not sure about the radicals, though. I thought they would deplete rather
quickly, but I am not a biochemist.

Regards, Jim Darrough