[ RadSafe ] short half life

SShafer1 at aol.com SShafer1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 10:18:43 CST 2008

I have seen  both 90 days and 120 days spelled out as short lived isotopes on
NRC and  Agreement State Licenses. Also I have seen facility specific
examples  in procedures.  Back in the moratorium days on DOE sites I remembering
auditing and seeing lists in procedures specifying short lived  radionuclides
with ranges of 30 days to anything less than 1 year.  I  have also seen research
facilities using any isotopes with a half-life less than  30 days (e.g my
graduate school) but the radiopharmacy school at the same  university used a
different list and they both operated under the same  license.  So from my
experience it can be facility specific and  confusing.

Stephen B. Shafer / Health  Physicist
Radiological & Environmental Management, LLC
3700 Persimmon  Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102

Office Phone #: (847) 458-7194
Office Fax  #: (847) 458-7194
Cell # : (630) 632-5819
Project Office # (630)  293-6378
Project Fax # (630) 293-6349

THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL  MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL, AND OR OTHERWISE  PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE TO ANYONE OTHER THAN ITS
INTENDED RECIPIENT(S). ANY  DISSEMINATION OR USE OF THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL OR ITS
CONTENTS BY PERSONS OTHER  THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS  MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER
IMMEDIATELY BY REPLY EMAIL SO THAT  INTERNAL RECORDS CAN BE CORRECTED. PLEASE THEN
DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.  THANK YOU
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.