[ RadSafe ] Personal dosimetry database/software

Kai Kaletsch eic at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 22 22:16:40 CST 2008

Hi Johan,

We have a web-based database system designed for managing radiation
monitoring and exposure data in uranium mines. As well as keeping track of
personal dosimeter readings, it records area sampling or personal sampling
of contaminant concentrations (such as radon progeny, radon gas, thoron
progeny, ore dust, yellowcake dust, calcined yellowcake dust...) and
combines this with workers' timesheet information to calculate exposure
based on area or job group monitoring.

We built this for uranium mining companies that did not want to spend the
considerable resources to develop their own systems. Also, the fact that it
is internet-based allows us to provide support remotely.

If you get your dose information from personal dosimeters only, then you
would not need all of the complexity of the system. If there is a market for
something like this, we could offer a cheaper, simpler, stripped down
version of our system. I am very interested in any responses you get. (We
don't want to develop something that already exists.)

Best Regards,

Kai Kaletsch
Environmental Instruments Canada Inc.
#202 135 Robin Cr.