[ RadSafe ] NYC permitting of detectors: NYPD proposes some changes.

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 5 02:32:37 CST 2008

It seems reasonable and constructive to recognize that the shamans and
witch doctors are never far from us. Some are genuine believers in
spooks and magic while others are interested in power (control of other
members of our hers)  Thus the correct action on our parts is to
minimize this control. At any point in time whenever this is recognized,
then the power must be sensed and withheld by whatever means might be
available. There is no wiser expenditure of resources; but in a
practicable sense, the resources must be assigned priorities and we can
only do the best we believe we can.

Such situations seem so simple. but in the execution, few human choices
could be more complex. I hope we can stop this silliness in its tracks,
but obviously the task is not easy.

Please consider the relative effectiveness of individual letters and
faxes rather than bulk petitions. Town meetings could be very effective
for exposing these controllers among us.

Best,
Maury&Dog.