[ RadSafe ] NYC permitting of detectors: NYPD proposes some changes.

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 10:20:53 CST 2008

I am not sure if this question was asked or answered, but now many false alarms have the NYC authorities responded to?  I am referring to those that they did not generate themselves, e.g. transportation of nuclear medicine doses.

Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com> wrote:   Feb. 4

To express it in a way that may be more elegant, the law is still
unnecessary, and it still gives government too much power.

Steven Dapra

At 10:57 AM 2/4/08 -0500, Clayton J Bradt wrote:

>NYPD is drafting some changes in the proposed law and has drafted proposed
>regs. Below are the most relevant passages. I don't know if these have
>been posted anywhere, I couldn't find them on the City Council web site, so
>I'm just posting excerpts.

[edit]

>As originally written, the law was outrageous and stupid. Now its just
>stupid.
>
>Clayton J. Bradt
>Assistant Bureau Director
>BERP
>NYS Dept. of Health
>518-402-7550

"If history teaches any lesson it is that no nation has an inherent right to greatness.  Greatness has to be earned and continually re-earned."
- Norman Augustine, Chairman of the National Academies Committee

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com