[ RadSafe ] Negative Excess relative risk - radon and lung cancer

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 12 16:44:11 CST 2008

B. Cohen's immense epidemiologic study of stable (70% ) USA county lung cancer death rates,
correlating negatively with home radon samples (p< o.oooo1 up to 4 pC/l, >90%  of USA ),
 inclines me to not reduce my home radon, esp. holding despite 100 possible cofounders.
Epidemiology is useful, even if considered less scientific than a physics which asserts
an unbelievably big bang origin of the universe.

He only claims that LNT cannot explain that "discrepancy"!
I would claim it provides better assurance than we can claim for BENEFIT
than any drug study.

Howard Long