[ RadSafe ] I-131 Patients and Taxi Driver

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Fri Feb 15 09:22:01 CST 2008

Not to mention the potential internal dose the patient might give to
those who practice the "world's oldest profession" in the resort town.
And has the ICRP done any modeling for that mode of intake?  Oh, the
health physics challenges!

Glenn

Recent newspaper articles suggest that a few patients who are undergoing
these treatments are not even going home, but instead are taking the
'event' as an opportunity to check into a resort and seclude themselves
for a few days in a more 'pampered setting'.  I wonder what the
potential dose to a member of housekeeping or the resort's masseuse
might come out to be?