[ RadSafe ] Excess relative risk: LNT "Shorthand"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 16:20:54 CST 2008

I may have overreached in my response, but I certainly did not get the humor in his comment.  Generally, I think that the bashing of bureaucrats, politicians, TV spokes-models, etc.,who are unable to respond is a bit low.  I know of regulators who personally believe that some of the rules they enforce are ill-defined, so put is lightly.  Nevertheless, we are a nation of laws and regulations.  Would it be better to a society where laws are inconsistently applied, or regulators could be bribed?

Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com> wrote:   Feb. 16

        Speaking only for myself, I can't cite any references, but I can cite some experiences.  Do experiences count for anything?  Continuing to speak only for myself, I suspect that Syd was speaking with tongue in cheek.  Besides, he specified two exceptions.

Steven Dapra