[ RadSafe ] Myth Busters and Irradiated Cockroaches - Jan 30

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 15:50:33 CST 2008

HI all,

Of interest to some, the 50th Anniversary of the HPSociety saw the
publication of "A Half Century of Health Physics [Ryan & Poston, Sr.,
editors). This publication on page 229 mentions that there was a 1988 HPS
Special Publication: "Will Insects Inherit the Earth". See:

http://books.google.com/books?id=qCebxPjdSBUC&pg=PA229&vq=insects+earth&dq=will+insects+inherit+the+earth+health+physics&lr=&sig=ioW5kWCjaY3p_N5Z_rEJn2dw4f8

I recall seeing this 1988 HPS Special Publication, but don't have it at
hand. Perhaps someone has the complete citation to the 1988 HPS Special
Publication which should be directly relevant to this thread about roaches
and radiation resistance. The old quote from Ecclesiastes "There is nothing
new under the sun" seems relevant to testing roaches again in this new
"study" planned of a few dozen roaches.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health

Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
Linac, Medical, and HP Instrumentation Brokerage
Bridgeport, CT 06604
[203] 441-8433 [Office]
[203] 522-2817 [Cell]
[203] 367-0791 [Fax]