[ RadSafe ] query

Bernard L. Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:59:24 CST 2008

Can someone help me on this question -- please reply to  blc at pitt.edu.
    If rhe risk of cancer, R, is expressed as
                            R = R(0) [ 1 + k D ]
where R(0) is the risk with no exposure, D is the dose in Sv, and k is a
constant, what is the excess relative risk, ERR. I thought it would be
ERR = k. In that case, a finding that ERR = 1.0 / Sv would mean that the
risk is 2R(0) for an exposure of 1.0 Sv,         3 R(0) for an exposure
of  2.0 Sv,  4R(0) for a dose of  3.0 Sv, etc. But this is hard to
believe in a paper I am trying to understand. Any help on this would be
appreciated

--
Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept., University of Pittsburgh