[ RadSafe ] The Future of Nuclear Power: The role of nuclear power in a low carbon UK economy

Fred Dawson fred-dawson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 10:47:50 CST 2008

The Government has published a White Paper (10 January 2008) explaining that
it believes it is in the public interest that new nuclear power stations
should have a role to play in this country's future energy mix, alongside
other low-carbon sources.

The announcement follows a full public consultation. The White Paper clearly
sets out what we heard during the consultation and the Government's response
to this.  As well as the White Paper itself, we have published on our
website a report and analysis of this consultation process, and all the
individual responses we received, except where respondents asked for their

The White Paper and related documents can be read online at:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/nuclearpower2007. If you would like to order a
printed copy of the White Paper, please contact The Stationery Office on
0870 600 5522.

fwp at hotmail.com