AW: [ RadSafe ] Article about reactor N-waste storage

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at jrc.it
Tue Jan 22 02:21:42 CST 2008

Dear Franz, and all interested:

The Angry Mothers are a regional (N Cotentin) NGO aimed to achieve, and
secure, as much transparency as possible concerning the La Hague plant.
My impression in 2000 was, that they cooperate quite well with IRSN and
Cogema; their name sounds more angry than what they actually are (again,
my impression in 2000. I was part of the ARCS team, lead by F Steger. We
stayed with the families of the Angry Mothers, which was great. French
cuisine !!).

To leukaemia: so far (to my knowledge) these allegations have proved
without substance, fortunately (the Sellafield case may be pending ??).
Still I think, one should follow any, even weak, statistical hint; if it
turns out wrong, the better.

Best regards,
Peter

((Franz, I came back from 7 weeks in S America (Colombia) only
yesterday, still with a bit of jet lag. Only holidays, this time....
Europe, and Italy in particular, is quite depressing after that, not
only because it's winter. This is the real banana republic. Yet on the
other hand...))

--

Peter Bossew

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 0332 78 9109
Fax. +39 0332 78 5466
Email: peter.bossew at jrc.it

WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."