AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: Proposed Rebuttal to the Laura Weldon Article inbold Text

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Jan 23 15:03:32 CST 2008

Bob,

I have appreciated most of your messages in the past, but I can only
appreciate a part of what you write now - the rest I have to refuse.

Yes, I agree, that most, if not all of the illnesses, birth defects and
deaths are not related to DU. There might be some reasonable truth in the
causes you list as possible causes.

But I totally disagree with your opinion which you add later on: "harms the
pride in service of our soldiers, provides fodder for irresponsible
politicians"..... " They are hurting our military and our Veterans and I
don't like it."

I am Austrian, our soldiers are not in Iraq ("our soldiers"). No pride of
"our" soldiers is harmed because they are not there - as is true for
approximately 90 % or more of the nations where RADSAFE participants come
from. The number of soldiers from other countries than the USA is declining
rapidly. I do not comment on "irresponsible politicians", make your own
guess. Nobody is hurting the Austrian (my) military and since we did not
take part in this military engagement, which was not endorsed by the UN and
is a kind of a private (illegal) war of the USA and some other countries,
which are backing the US decisions since long because of financial and
political benefits, your comment is more than unappropriate. While the first
part is perfectly suited for RADSAFE the second, political part is in my
opinion totally off topic. Please accept that RADSAFE is an international
discussion forum and not a US military one.

Still looking forward to your contributions, taking into account the above
said and especially the internationality of RADSAFE.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Wien/Vienna
AUSTRIA

Roger,
"Military personnel and civilians who have been exposed to DU have linked
the toxin to illness, birth defects and death. "
. Doing so is not scientific, is not responsible, gives comfort to our
enemies, provides unwarranted stress to our soldiers and their families,
sends truly ill soldiers and their families down false paths for
explanations and compensation, harms the pride in service of our soldiers,
provides fodder for irresponsible politicians, and wastes resources better
spent on real issues.
I have no gripe against anyone who is against the war in Iraq or who is
against the use DU munitions. My gripe is with those who make false
allegations about DU for their own hidden and not so hidden agendas. They
are hurting our military and our Veterans and I don't like it.
Bob Cherry, PhD, CHP
Colonel, US Army (retired)