[ RadSafe ] Re: NYC Bans Geiger counters!!!

Vernig, Peter G. Peter.Vernig at va.gov
Wed Jan 30 08:49:38 CST 2008

Many moons ago, long before 9/11 I had to do an installation and fly
with an ion chamber.  I also had a few hand tools, nothing exciting, no
box cutter.  Pliers, crescent, wrench, screw drivers, that sort of
thing.  I took I it in carry on so I could explain not wanting it to get
stopped and not put on the plane if it worried them.  Security guy did
not even bat an eye at the ion chamber but was very concerned about the
tools.

Know what made him happy?  A business card.

Now at that time I worked for Kevex Corporation, not exactly a household
name and of course anybody can order business cards.

Peter G Vernig