[ RadSafe ] Yucca Mountain

Thu Jul 3 18:53:39 CDT 2008

James, this makes no sense at all.  Your first sentence has words in it,
but they don't have meaning.

I think I understand your question, and if you are asking about the
current rate of U238 seeping out of spent fuel storage pools at nuclear
reactor facilities in the United States, the answer is zero.  If you
can't figure out why that is, then you need to learn more about nuclear
fuel, and holding pools.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of James Salsman
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:33 PM
To: Dan W McCarn; radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Yucca Mountain

Dan,

Thank you for your question:

> Again, what connection do you bring between at-reactor spent fuel
> storage pools and weather?

Rapid loss of load caused by flooding or forest fire, leading to cooling
needs beyond the scope of the facility will have people in large
vehicles scrambling around everywhere and that can not be good for
containment.

What is the current rate of U238 seepage from the storage facilities?

James Salsman