[ RadSafe ] Yucca Mountain / Miller and McClain, 2007

James Salsman BenjB4 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 02:08:04 CDT 2008

Jeff Terry wrote:

>.... I would be very
> surprised to learn that at some point in the last 70 years a pool
> has suffered a leak due to an accident with a heavy vehicle.

The cask- and rod assembly-related accidents that have happened almost
all involve heavy vehicles or other large-frame conveyance. A lot of
the casks are susceptible to attack because their exact specifications
are a matter of public record.

Steven Dapra wrote:

> What is your CV?

The only pertinent qualification is the ability to read reports
of actual experiments and compare them to the official work
product of people such as Kathren, Cherry, and Johnson after
they scrubbed their reports clean of any mention of reproductive
toxicity.  How much of your taxes were used to call that pathetic
exercise in censorship "science"?

> Answer the question about where you were born.

Why?  I already did.  I was born on an Army base (that is what
the host country called it, as did everyone else when they
weren't in parade dress.)  What difference does it make to
be any more specific than that?

> You can also knock off your attacks on Drs. Cherry and Johnson;
> and on Ron Kathren.

Does anyone endorse their position of omitting mention of
reproductive toxicity or other non-kidney-related health effects
in their reports on uranium toxicity?

> Look at the first quote from the Miller and McClain paper
> and you will find they are talking about uranyl *chloride*.

What do you think the percentage difference in solubility
would be between the oxide and the chloride of uranyl, as
the percentage of each in solution after seven days in lung fluid?

James Salsman