[ RadSafe ] Yucca Mountain / o.4 Sv extra radiation over 10 years.... / Miller and McClain, 2007

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sat Jul 5 23:03:37 CDT 2008

At 08:01 PM 7/5/08 -0700, James Salsman wrote:

[edit]

>Steven Dapra quoted:
>
> > there is no evidence that uranium of any type (depleted, naturally
> > occurring, or enriched) can transform human cells to the tumorigenic
> > phenotype (1)."  [Reference (1) is to BEIR IV.]
>
>That was in the 80s.  And cancer is a background effect compared to
>the teratogenic mutagenicity of uranyl.
>
>James Salsman

July 5

         James, you are dumber than dumb.

         I was quoting Alexandra Miller, whose work you have been waving
around as though it is the Holy Grail of anti-DU fanatics everywhere.  If
you have a problem with the way Miller talks about "uranium of any type,"
why don't you call her or send her an e-mail?

         Less than a month ago you were demanding that we all bow and
scrape before some source material from 1954.  Now, you are loftily
proclaiming that something from the 1980s isn't worth the paper it's
written on.  Your whiny excuse that BEIR IV "was in the 80s" reminds me of
Danton.

Steven Dapra