[ RadSafe ] Instruments

hpsolutions at comcast.net hpsolutions at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 11:12:10 CDT 2008

I have been asked to look at instruments from S.E.A GmbH for use in the US in a uranium facility.  Instruments include the Portable Contamination Monitor CoMo -170, the hand-foot-clothing contamination monitor with large-area, thin-layer plastic scintillation detectors, the hand-foot-clothing monitor- standard version, the W I M P 60 x 10 PC-based smear test measuring  system with 10 x detector geometry, the W I M P 60 x 8 PC-based smear test measuring  system with 8 x detector geometry, the W I M P 60 x 6 PC-based smear test measuring  system with 6 x detector geometry and PD 32 and 42 internal pipe detectors.

I am not familar with the S.E.A. products and was trying to see if anyone had experience with them.  I would appreciate your opinions, good and bad, so that we can make a decision on using the S.E.A. products or products that are commercially available in the US.

Thanks for your help.

Paul Jones, CHP