[ RadSafe ] RE: Proliferation

garyi at trinityphysics.com garyi at trinityphysics.com
Fri Jul 11 14:26:54 CDT 2008

Hi Ken,

You have said quite a lot in your message, but please focus for a minute on the main thrust
of my post.

I said, or tried to say, that there are some people who want nuclear weapons so they can kill
non-muslims, and that these people can not be reasoned with.  This was in response to a
comment about the cold war relationship between the US and the USSR, in which MAD
(mutually assured destruction) prevented either side from using its nuclear weapons.  That is,
both sides had rational self-interest at work to prevent cataclysmic war.

Islamic terrorism does not have rational self-interest at work, unless you are willing to
concede that rewards in heaven are part of your self-interest inventory.  In my post I pointed
to suicide bombers and the culture that celebrates them as evidence of this.  If islamic
terrorists get a nuclear weapon, they will strive to use it in the most effectively destructive
manner possible.  Therefore, we (non-muslims and non-terrorist muslims) would be smart
(as in, alive or surviving) to prevent them from getting nuclear weapons.

If you wish to rebut my post, allow me to suggest some ways to prove me wrong.  You could
show that with any of the following:
   = non-muslims are just as likely to be suicide bombers.
   = there are no muslim suicide bombers, its just an urban myth or a Dan Rather fabrication.
   = suicide bombers are a genetic flaw that is quickly being removed from the gene pool.
   = strapping a bomb to your child is really an expression of international good will.
   = if we give money to terrorists, they will decide that they really like infidels (maybe as pets).
   = its ok for jihadists to kill us because OUR heaven is better than theirs.

Or, best of all, why don't you hop on a plane and go reason with them?  That would prove me
wrong.  Remember that guy who got his head cut off on TV?  I bet you could have talked
them into putting down the knives and changing their lives.  Maybe going back to school,
right?  A new career would solve their problems - maybe flight school.

-Gary Isenhower