[ RadSafe ] Cumulated Activity and Dosimetry Question (UNCLASSIFIED)

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at tudelft.nl
Fri Jul 18 09:29:02 CDT 2008

Jerry,

What is actually calculated using this method is not the number of atoms
that is removed from the organ (source organ) but the number of atoms
that decayed in this organ. Hence, this is the number that we're
interested in since this is contributing to the dose.

With kind regards,

Marcel Schouwenburg
Head / Lecturer Training Centre Delft, Health Physicist, expert level 2
RadSafe Moderator & Listowner
National Centre for Radiation Protection (Dutch abbr. NCSV)
Manager Quality Assurance Reactor Institute Delft (RID)

Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences / Reactor Institute Delft
Mekelweg 15
NL - 2629 JB  DELFT
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)15 27 86575