[ RadSafe ] Protocol for Personnel Contamination Scans

Johnston, Thomas Tom_Johnston at nymc.edu
Wed Jun 4 10:49:20 CDT 2008

May I suggest you reference IAEA Technical Reports Series No. 120,
Monitoring of Radioactive Contamination on Surfaces, RF Clayton, Vienna,
1970.  A short while ago I was able to get my hands on this seminal
document via Inter-Library Loan. This title had call letters: HD 9698 A1
I6 no. 120
(I would have to check with our Library to see where they obtained the
document, memory slips me.)

I had a lab that wanted to know where the "frisking standard and rate"
came from. I was finally able to put my hands on this document, if only
for a brief time... The Reference section I am sure you will find most
enlightening!  I had heard of this document for over 30 years and I
finally was able to see it in person. (I have heard that there are those
that merely reference documents and do not actually read or even see the
Reference in person.)

Thomas P. Johnston
Radiation Safety Officer
New York Medical College