[ RadSafe ] Newspaper report relating to minor leak of nitrogen at Forsmark NPP

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:15:05 CDT 2008

A smaller leak I understand with no impact on safety etc - the result is a shut-down for a few days. Our Swedish number 1 sensational newspaper Aftonbladet wrote that "you die if you inhale the gas".

This is of course true if you only get nitrogen without oxygen but the real problem here was (according to a friend of mine with closer contact with the issue) that the journalist did not know what nitrogen is (and not a valve either)...

For those of you who understand Swedish the story is here:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article2604673.ab

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall     bcradsafers at hotmail.com