[ RadSafe ] Re:U-238 spontaneous fission

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Jun 18 21:26:30 CDT 2008

Hmmmm:
Given their safety record here in their Houston/Deer Park refinery, I would
not hold BP up as much of an example....
But the correct application of ALARA (according to ICRP recommendations
1990) is "(doses)should be kept as low as reasonably achievable, economic
and social factors being taken into account....."

The use of "Practical" seems to be just a change for the sake of "being
different"

Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken     Cell phone: 713-562-8585
QHSE Advisor
D&M Operations Support
Schlumberger Technology Corporation
300 Schlumberger Drive
Sugar Land TX 77030

Home office: 713-797-0919  Home Fax: 713-797-1757