[ RadSafe ] Testing bombs

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Mon Jun 30 11:46:39 CDT 2008

Sure Mike, I know that, but technically speaking and being precise, any
reaction dealing with elements (atoms) are atomic by nature. Reactions
dealing with the nucleus are nuclear.

Hence, Gamma Rays are nuclear, X-Rays are atomic.

Positronium is sometimes considered an atom. If it is, then sometime
positron annihilation is nuclear, other times it is atomic.

ATOMIC: Pertaining to the atoms

Nuclear: Pertaining to the nucleus of an atom.

from Electronics and Nucleonics Dictionary, 3rd ed. Markus, McGraw Hill.

Therefore all chemical reactions are technically and correctly called atomic
in nature.

By the way, once in a while I offer a for sale item on Radsafe, this was pre
approved by the list owner. If members don't like it, I will take them
elsewhere and charge fair market value. my policy has always been to offer
to the trade, especially students at a low price first. These mare my own
personal items have been upgraded by newer or more capable equipment in my
private lab.

George Dowell
New London Nucleonics Lab
GEOelectronics at netscape.com