[ RadSafe ] Re: Testing bombs

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Mon Jun 30 18:48:41 CDT 2008

To add to Richard's comments, in many years with good planning, it is
possible
to hit both the Nevada Test Site and the Trinity Site within about 10
days and often
as little as 5 days as the NTS typically has tours on a Wed and the
Trinity Site a Saturday.

It is a short drive between Albuquerque and Vegas with stops possible at
Meteor Crater, Painted Desert, and Petrified Forest National Parks.

For those with interest in Atomic Testing, this is an interesting
trip. I have
taken groups on this trip in the past and everyone found it enjoyable.

One doing this trip should go to the National Atomic Museum in
Albuquerque as well.
I recommend there tours of the Trinity Site as they make a stop at the
Energetic Materials
Research and Testing Center at New Mexico Tech for a demonstration of
explosives after
touring the Trinity Site.

Jeff

Jeff Terry