[ RadSafe ] Testing bombs

Jim Muckerheide rad_sci_health at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 22:30:29 CDT 2008

Jim,

Plus the other 'contemporary' part of his question:  The issue of testing
hydrogen bombs is to confirm performance over decades due to potential
degradation of the cores and the decay of tritium.

ALSO: Note that "atomic bombs" are NOT chemical bombs!

They don't call it the "ATOMIC TESTING MUSEUM" because they one time
exploded 100 tons of TNT on a tower at the site.

It's the same as "atomic power plants 'morphing' into "nuclear power
plants," there is NO technical distinction, just semantics.

[Chemical explosions (bombs or not) would be more "technically" molecular
combustion/explosion energy sources.]

Regards, Jim