[ RadSafe ] Prevention of radiation and chemical injury

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Mon May 5 19:15:57 CDT 2008

Yes, Chris, I am strongly biased in favor of nuclear power as by far the safest as well as thriftiest and cleanest. And you folks are the ones to credit for it.

If you meant that I would selectively ignore radiation deaths in a nuclear sub or power plant, I think not. Can you name a single one? On the other hand, how many hundreds were killed in construction of hydro power dams? How many thousands are still dying in coal mines?

Doug and Brian point out the relatively few deaths among servicemen from wounds, drunken driving etc, compared with the times of the draft.

Selection of deaths (vs saving of lives) is the natural media self-interest. USA has not had the expected catastrophic nuclear and/or chemical and/or bio attack, expected by Saddam's Gen Sada, the Piro(sp?) Commission, etc. absent Operation Iraqi Freedom.. Our very imperfect government should have credit for this existential accomplishment.

Howard Long
From: Chris van den Bergen <Christopher.Van-Den-Bergen at adm.monash.edu.au>