SV: [ RadSafe ] Re: uranium smoke is a teratogen

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Tue May 6 04:28:38 CDT 2008

The interesting post below reminded me about an old incident I've been told about with radiation alarms being set off by the smoke from a Danish coal fired power plant. The detector was placed at the Barsebäck NPP site in Sweden, apparently in the plume. Burning stuff that has been dug up from the ground seems like a nice way to spread uranium. Or did, before modern filter technology anyway.

Mattias Olsson
Östhammar, Sweden