Fwd: [ RadSafe ] Re: uranium smoke is a teratogen

Ben Fore BenjB4 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:46:12 CDT 2008

I thank Dan McCarn for his helpful critique:

> Ben or James or whomever is wrong!

On the contrary, you assumed that UO2 would weather (water or
humidity) into UO3, when in fact UO3 weathers into UO2.

The question that I hope one of us will be able to find out is:  what
is the rate of that transition?  This should probably be expressed
both in traditional terms and as the half-life of a single dissolved
UO3 molecule for purposes of elucidation.

The fact remains that uranium fire from DU munitions use has
caused about 3,000 of the most acute exposures.  We need to
narrow the confidence interval.

James Salsman, as Ben Fore