[ RadSafe ] RE: Uranium solubility--RADSAFE Thank you

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 13 23:32:31 CDT 2008

Dear Dr McCarn,

This discussion is very useful indeed. I remember in an International Conference on Natural Radiation Environment in India, there was a bitter controversy on results of uranium concentration measurements by a group of physicists from Brazil and another group from India. I do not remember  the outcome. A soft spoken Indian geochemist resolved the seemingly endless controversy by invoking concepts similar to what you described.

I guess the behaviour of some of these elements in sea water will also be unique to the microenvironment, though sea water may be more homogenous than soil.

Regards

K.S.Parthasarathy