[ RadSafe ] uranium smoke is a teratogen

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Fri May 23 23:39:24 CDT 2008

May 23

         All other reasons have *not* been eliminated.  Your assertion,
James, is FALSE.

         You appear to believe that the anthrax vaccine causes birth
defects.  You say that birth defects appeared in Iraqi children.  Do you
expect us to believe that "non-combat" Iraqis were given the anthrax
vaccine and this caused the birth defects?  Elsewhere today you were asked,
"James/Ben are you asserting that only your postulated teratogenic effects
of uranium could possible account for any increase in birth defects in Basra?"

         You replied, "Yes."  'Yes,' only DU causes birth defects, (but the
anthrax vaccine causes them too).  You, James, deride me for not reading
enough, yet you don't even read your own postings.  Even if you do read
them you don't remember them.

         You say that "bad living conditions" have been eliminated.  Bad
living conditions includes inadequate diet, and we know that a lack of
dietary folic acid causes birth defects.  I believe that poor nutrition
(lack of folic acid) results in *incomplete* closure of the neural tube,
not closure of the tube.  In invoking a "broad spectrum" of birth defects
you are dragging in a red herring.  To remind you again, one of those two
Iraqi papers you recommended readily acknowledged that the cause of most
birth defects is not known.  Yet here you are, saying you know what causes
birth defects, and by implication saying the paper you recommended is wrong.

Steven Dapra

At 04:24 PM 5/23/08 -0700, James Salsman wrote:
>Roy,
>
>What you have written is not true:  all other reasons have been eliminated.
>
>anthrax vaccine:  both combat and non-combat cohorts were given
>mandatory vaccination.
>
>bad living conditions:  increases miscarriage rate, but not birth defect rate
>
>poor nutrition:  results primarily in closure of the neural tube and
>related birth defects, not the same broad spectrum of birth defects
>which are produced by any genotoxin that accumulates in stem cells
>
>As for immunodeficiency, it's not explained by anything else, either.
>
>Same for cognitive defects.
>
>James
>

>On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM, ROY HERREN <royherren2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> James/Ben are you asserting that only your postulated teratogenic
> >> effects of uranium could possible account for any increase in birth
> >> defects in Basra?
> >
> > James/Ben response "Yes".
> > James,
> >
> >     "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
> > improbable, must be the truth."- Arthur Conan Doyle
> >    Many well intentioned folks have assisted you in eliminating the
> > impossible about your argument, the remains of what have been pointed
> out to
> > you by these well intentioned folks, however improbable to you, is most
> > likely the truth.
> >
> > Roy Herren

[edit]