[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Which do people think is the 2nd place explanationfor Gulf War illness?

James Salsman BenjB4 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:19:01 CDT 2008

Dear Rainer,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was hoping that someone would mention acetylcholinesterase
inhibitors, which include such chemicals as the pesticides behing used
in the February, 1991 combat deployment.  I am very familiar with Dr.
Golumb's work as the Chief Scientist of the Research Advisory
Committee on Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses, for which the U.S. taxpayer
has paid hundreds of millions of dollars so far.

Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors are not teratogens, and therefore do
not explain any of the well-documented increase in birth defects.
They do, however, explain the vast majority of symptoms attributed to
GWI, including headaches, motor control problems, and similar issues
issues.  The reverse is just as true: only by considering
acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and depleted uranium can the full
spectrum of symptoms and complaints actually observed be explained.

Dr. Golumb's work is also available for free from the RACGWVI web
site:  http://www1.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/page.cfm?pg=13 and
http://www1.va.gov/RAC-GWVI/page.cfm?pg=45 .
I applaud Rainer for being the first person on Radsafe to remember Dr.
Golumb's work, which hit the news this past year.  It is the best
reply so far.  But again, it's a complementary and orthogonal cause,
and while it explains many observed symptoms that uranyl exposure
cant, it can not explain the observed effects which are likely caused
by DU exposure.

James Salsman