[ RadSafe ] BAD INFORMATION

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:11:39 CST 2008

Ken,

Thank you for this contribution to historical facts about nuclear weapons. I
am extremely interested in the history of nuclear weapons, having acquired a
lot of historical books and documents and I was happy to be able to visit
the Trinity Site last year in October.
Though I do not feel competent to defend the US Government on their
information policy  I would like to point towards the time dependend changes
in radiation protection principles. Exposures that nowadays would put
radiation protection officers to scream was in those days without doubt
below any level of concern. I do not make any comment on "justification".

I expect and I am sure that these "informations" are since long outdated and
have been revised considerably. I have difficulties to believe, that similar
information would be still valid in Nov. 2008.

I have quite interesting and funny remembrences to my military (compulsory)
duty in the Austrian army, where we had also "training" how to behave in the
case of a nuclear attack. Since most of our group were university assistant
professors we could only laugh about the military.ideas. I would appreciate
to read from you information about todays informations.

Best regards,

Franz