[ RadSafe ] " German doctor takes anti-nuclear message to western Canada "

Livesey, Lee M Lee_M_Livesey at RL.gov
Fri Oct 10 19:54:54 CDT 2008

Franz,
Some of us "ugly Ameridans" are perfectly capable of reading publications in Deutch.  It would seem that the health physics community is quick to point out "fllawed" technical reports that do not support positions that differ from widely held viewpoints, but do not hold ourselves necessarily to the same standards.  "Peer review" is used as an incestiuous method of providing credibility to that which support our views and to discredit those that don't.

We are not willing to accept any literature which moght challenge our assumptions and beliefs.
Lee Livesey

----- Original Message -----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl <radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl>
To: Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com>
Cc: radsafe at radlab.nl <radsafe at radlab.nl>
Sent: Fri Oct 10 16:48:47 2008
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] " German doctor takes anti-nuclear message to western  Canada "

Steven,

What I remember from your contributions to RADSAFE is really not consistent
with your comment. I have written some time before you on RADSAFE about the
study, about the integrity and the scientific trustable value of it, How
about reading others comments before commenting? I gave the  information
that more could be found on Google, but that it was in German. My friend
Peter Bossew gave links.

So what is the problem? The study has been published and it should not be to
difficult to find with the help of Google, where it has been published. It
might take a few seconds. In  case there is a language barrier, I would
encourage everybody to learn, foreign languages. It is not a natural law,
that everything published must be in English. Informations given in another
language is at least equal, but often superior than English ones. Personally
I do not have any problem with it.

Radiation protection scientists should not adopt the anti's mentality to
discredit everything said by others without having looked to the background.

What I have written before about the "German Doctor" is of course still
valid. Shame on him.

Best regards,

Franz