[ RadSafe ] Linac Resource

Mark Ramsay mark.ramsay at ionactive.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 11:21:55 CDT 2008

Greetings All

Just released some new linac resource which can be found here:

http://www.ionactive.co.uk/multi-media_video.html

The resource is featured in items 6 and 7 on the video play list (item 7
is a slightly smaller test file).

The resource takes you on virtual tour inside a linear accelerator
(linac). I have decided to base the resource on a medical device, but
the basic components will be the same in most industrial settings. The
resource takes you from electron gun through to patient. The workings of
a linac are complicated and I hope that the resource has hit a happy
medium.

If it appears slow or jumpy then try back later in an hour or so. (Early
tests have shown it plays perfectly on most typical company IT systems,
but too many users at once might give it some stress!).

Rgs

Mark

Mark Ramsay

Radiation Protection Adviser