[ RadSafe ] Liability from Measuring Granite Counter Tops

al gerhart al at solidsurfacealliance.org
Sun Oct 26 19:18:04 CDT 2008

I hear some moaning about radon mitigators doing what they can about the issues of radiation/Radon and granite countertops, but the loudest message is the thundering silence from the Radon and radiation goverment officials on testing protocols and standards for what can be sold to consumers.

  So these guys charge for their time to find out if the granite is one of those few that are a problem.  Big deal.   Our lawmakers left a gaping hole in the regulations, anyone can sell any product regardless of radiation content for use in a home.   And we are supposed to get behind an effort to stop the one group that is doing something to help consumers?