[ RadSafe ] Exempt Source Shipment to International Destination

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:56:45 CDT 2008

Dan W. McCarn, Geologist; 3118 Pebble Lake Drive; Sugar Land, TX 77479; USA

Home: +1-281-903-7667; Austria-cell:  +43-676-725-6622

 <mailto:HotGreenChile at gmail.com> HotGreenChile at gmail.com
UConcentrate at gmail.com

Hello Group:

I have a Spectrum Techniques Model RSS 8 Gamma Source Set (Exempt Sources)
that I would like to ship to my new residence in France.  In a lead source
shield, the sources measure 45 microR/hr at 6 inches and about 75 microR/hr
on the surface of my Storm King case, well within the limits of UN-2910
regulations.

Do I need to obtain an export license for these exempt quantities from
Spectrum Techniques?  If not, what, if any, documentation do I need to
provide along with the shipment?

Does the UN-2910 label need to appear in French as well?

Thanks!

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn