[ RadSafe ] Concerns Could Reduce Radiation Sensor Deployment

Mon Sep 8 11:45:05 CDT 2008

Oh, I don't know if they are on legislative staffs.  Political types prefer lawyers to techie as people to advise them, as lawyers are better at telling the legislator why their preconception is right.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf Of Clayton J Bradt
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 8:27 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: Fw: [ RadSafe ] Concerns Could Reduce Radiation Sensor Deployment

Yes, Doug: but HPs work for the manufacturers and even the lobbyists.  They also work in the government agencies that evaluate the manufacturers'
proposals.  Some are even on legislative staffs.  Plenty of people who knew better pushed this crap.

Clayton Bradt
dutchbradt at hughes.net

             Doug Aitken
             <jdaitken at sugar-l
             and.oilfield.slb.                                          To
             com>                      "'Clayton J Bradt'"
                                       <cjb01 at health.state.ny.us>,
             09/08/2008 10:36          BLHamrick at aol.com
                                       radsafe at radlab.nl
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ RadSafe ] Concerns Could
                                       Reduce Radiation Sensor Deployment

Clayton: I am in agreement with Barb, but I don't think it was really HP's who pushed this, but rather the people trolling for fat government contracts (lobbyists and manufacturers - and maybe the odd research lab looking for
funding....)

Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken     Cell phone: 713-562-8585 QHSE Advisor D&M Operations Support Schlumberger Technology Corporation 300 Schlumberger Drive Sugar Land TX 77030

Home office: 713-797-0919  Home Fax: 713-797-1757 ______________________________________________