[ RadSafe ] New Concepts in Nuclear Power

Fri Apr 3 11:24:01 CDT 2009

Hi, Jaro.

The con is next weekend (in fact, this time next week, I will be there).

I think there will be several different demographics within the
audience.  There are likely to be some technophiles, who are interested
in anything new in science and technology (in past years I've seen 50+
people at panels about things like space elevators and cars that run on
liquid nitrogen).  There are probably going to be a few writers who are
looking for yet another source of dramatic tension, disasters, and
glowing mutants (you really can never have too many glowing mutants).
There might be some people wedded to long held anti-nuke beliefs, but I
expect they will be polite.

I will give a report when I get back.

I would also urge anyone on this list who has even the slightest
interest in science fiction to look into any science fiction conventions
in your area, and offer to be a panelist.  Most cons have plenty of
writers, but are always in need of more scientists.  I am confident you
would have an interesting, and likely enjoyable, time.