[ RadSafe ] 8th LOWRAD Conference

wonuc.secretary wonuc.secretary at orange.fr
Thu Apr 9 15:32:35 CDT 2009

8th International LOWRAD Conference

"The Effects of Low Doses and Very Low Doses of Ionizing Radiation on Human Health and Biotopes"
28 - 30 September 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

www.lowrad2009.ird.gov.br

CALL FOR PAPERS

Organized by :

Comissao Nacional de Energia Nuclear

Instituto de Radioprotecao e Dosimetria

Associacao Brasileira de Energia Nuclear

Low Radiation International Network

World Council of Nuclear Workers

Dear Sirs,

On the behalf of the organizing committee of the 8th LOWRAD International Conference on "The Effects of Low and Very Low Doses of Ionizing Radiation on Human Health and Biotopes", which will be held in the framework of INAC 2009, in Rio de Janeiro-RJ, Brazil, from 28-30 September 2009, I cordially invite you to take part of the most important international Conference dedicated to low doses of ionizing radiation. May I ask you to visit our website: www.lowrad2009.ird.gov.br  for many more information about abstract submission, attending conditions, lodging and social program.

I will be looking forward to seeing you in Rio de Janeiro.

Carlos Eduardo Bonacossa de Almeida                                                                               Abel Julio Gonzalez

Co-chairperson of the Scientific Committee                              Co-chairperson of the Scientific Committee

e-mail:lowrad2009 at ird.gov.br

Main topics

Occupational and environmental low dose and protracted exposure

Long term effects of radiation of the medical application of radiation

Radiation epidemiology

Validity of the linear non-threshold model

Genetic susceptibility

Genomic and chromosomal instability

Radiation carcinogenesis

Molecular and cellular responses to low dose ionizing radiation

DNA repair and mutagenesis

Biomarkers of low dose exposure

Micro-array and proteomic analysis

Immunological effects of radiation

Non-targeted effects of ionizing radiation

Bystander effects

Hormesis and adaptative response

Microdosimetry and nanodosimetry

Microenvironment modulation of radiation response

Radioprotectors and radiosensitizers

Radioecology and dosimetry of biota

Radiation effects on non-human biota

Computer simulation and modelling for low dose radiation risk

Radiation protection

International Scientific Committee

Co-chairpersons

Dr Carlos E B ALMEIDA (Brasil)

Ing Abel J. GONZALEZ(Argentina)

Members

Dr. Falah ABU-JARAD (Saudi Arabia)

Dr S.M.R. AGHAMIRI (Iran)

Dr. Edouard AZZAM (USA)

Dr Roberto AMENDOLA (Italy)

Pr André AURENGO (France)

Dr. Dietrich AVERBECK (France)

Prof. Dr. M.F. BARAKAT (Egypt).

Dr. C.hrista BAUMSTARK-KHAN (Germany)

Pr. Dimitry BAZYKA (Ukraine)

Dr. Januário Bispo Cabral Neto (Brasil)
Dr. Giovanni BLANDINO  (Italy)
Prof. Dr Mauro L. BONARDI (Italy)

Dr. Antone BROOKS (USA)

Dr Jean CADET (France)

Dr. Adriano Caldeira de Araújo (Brasil)

Pr Emeritus Christian CHENAL (France)

Kazuhiko CHIKAMOTO (Japan)

Dr Kun-Woo CHO (Korea)

Prof.N. COLAS-LINHART (France)

Dr. Á. Augusto da Costa Leitão (Brasil)

Pr. Firouz DARROUDI (Netherlands).

Dr Branka DJUROVIC (Serbia)

Pr. François ESCHWEGE (France)

Pr. Emeritus Ludwig E. FEINENDEGEN (Germany)

Dr. R. T. GEORGIEVA (Bulgaria)

Dr.  Anna GIOVANETTI (Italy)

Dr. Margarida GOULART (Portugal)

Pr. Emeritus Leonid ILYIN (Russia)

Dr Zbigniew JAWOROWSKI (Poland)

Pr. Dr. Kenji KAMIYA (Japan)

Pr. Emeritus Ronald L. KATHREN (USA)

Dr Chong Soon KIM (Korea)

Dr Jin Kyu KIM (Korea)

Dr. Sergio KOIFAM (Brazil

Prof. Emeritus Sohei KONDO (Japan)

Dr. Inna B. KORZENEVA (Russia)

Pr Gyorgy. J KÖTELES (Hungary)

Dr Mark LITTLE (UK)

Dr Sigurdur M. MAGNUSSON (Iceland)

Dr. Bernardo MARANHAO DANTAS(Brasil).

Dr Junko MATSUBARA (Japan)

Prof. Dr. Viktor MEINEKE (Germany)

Prof Kaushala Prasad MISHRA (India)

Dr. Horst Richard Sebastian MONKEN FERNANDES (Brasil)

Dr William F MORGAN (USA)

Dr S.M.J. MORTAZAVI (Iran) Dr. Carlos Frederico Martins Menck (Brasil).

Pr Carmel E. MOTHERSILL (Canada)

Dr Ethel MOUSTACHI (France)

Professor Dr. C. K. K. NAIR (India).

Dra. Nanci do Nascimento (Brasil).

Professor Rodolfo NEGRI (Italy)

Dr Ehud NE'MAN (Israel)

Dr Azam NIROOMAN-RAD (USA)

Dr. Mohamed NILI (Spain)

Dr Yanick NOUAILHETAS (Brazil)

Dr. Jose Marcus de Oliveira Godoy (Brasil)

Dra. Brigitte Roxana Soreanu PECEQUILO (Brasil)

Dra. Dunstana Rabelo de Melo (Brasil)

Dr Sigrid Anne-Barbara RAJASEKARAN (USA)

Dr. Walter RUEGG (Switzerland)

Dr. Julio Scharfstein (Brasil).

Dra. Lene Holanda Sadler Veiga (Brasil)

Dr Géza SÁFRÁNY (Hungary)

Dra. Elza Tiemi SAKAMOTO HOJO (Brasil).

Dra. Catarina Satie Takahashi (Brasil)
Pr. M. R. D. SEAWARD (UK)

Dr. Teogenes Augusto da Silva (Brasil)

Pr. Emeritus Tsutomu SUGAHARA (Japan)

Dr Hiroshi TANOOKA (Japan)

Pr. Hubert THIERENS (Belgium)
Pr Emeritus Maurice TUBIANA (France)
Prof. TRAN DAI Nghiep (Vietnam)

Dr Pedro VAZ (Portugal)

Dr. Carlos Eduardo Veloso de Almeida (Brasil).

Pr. Dr. Hansruedi VÖKLE (Switzerland)

Dra. Maria Angélica Vergara WASSERMAN (Brasil)

Pr. Masami WATANABE (Japan)

Pr. Eric WRIGHT (UK)

Abstract Submission by email to : lowrad2009 at ird.gov.br

Deadline: May 31st 2009 - Notification of Acceptance: June 30th 2009

Abstract Instructions

Maximum 400 word text in English, Word document format, Times New Roman font size 12

Organize abstract by paragraphs: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions

Title, authors' names and affiliation

Authors' names (first initial and last name) separated by commas; Underline presenting author

Affiliation address, phone, fax and E-mail.

Accepted authors should register for conference attendance.

Selected papers will be published by the International Journal of Low Radiation, a SCI indexed publication

For more information:

Dr. Carlos E. Bonacossa de Almeida
Institute of Radioprotection and Dosimetry - IRD
Av Salvador Allende s/n - Recreio
CEP 22780-160, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - Brazil
Tel.: +55 21 21 73 28 15/ 28 07
lowrad2009 at ird.gov.br